3.7.12

Haul

Untitled-1

Nothing signifies quite how different New York and Bristol are to me the way my new umbrella does. It's funny really, as when it rained in NY, I huddled under a ridiculously tiny umbrella all month – every time I decided to just bite the bullet and buy a proper one, the sun came out.

I bought this one on my last day in New York, which was sunny and hot and beautiful, and when I definitely didn't need one. I definitely need it now. It has poured with rain all month in England, so that the trees are green and drippy, and my umbrella is always by my side – and when I put this one up, the sun never comes out.

I brought a couple of other things back with me, all of them green too, coincidentally. 
IMG_0019
IMG_0101


IMG_1215

13 comments:

  1. There is something beautiful about simplicity. Its probably the opposite of my blog aesthetic, but i just wanted to let you know your blog and everything on it is stunning. I cant wait to see future posts !
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna - there's always something interesting about opposites too ;)

      Delete
  2. You obviously had a bit of a green thing going on over there!

    Simple, well-made items are all you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really not on purpose either - I only noticed once I was looking through the pictures. You're quite right.

      Delete
  3. I love that you have a white umbrella. Somehow I end up buying only black ones. The dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - this is the best umbrella I've ever had. I almost feel responsible enough not to lose it these days too!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful simple umbrella! And that color green is stunning as well. Hope you had a good trip:D

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be my pride and joy at the moment (ridiculous I know)! It was a special trip.

      Delete
  5. Wow! what a perfect umbrella :) Ps - love that you picked up Kinfolk, Volume 4 just came out and it's wonderful. Do you have a Kinfolk stockist near you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, just as I finished reading vol. 3! I'm a bit hooked now (I find the whole thing fascinating) so I've been looking out for stockists - there are a few in London I think, so hopefully I'll be able to get vol. 4!

      Delete
  6. Hey, I love your stuff! I love anything green and that dress is so perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it and referred to it as 'my mad dress' for ages until I got used to it - it's quite a lot brighter than things I usually wear, but I absolutely love it.

      Delete
  7. That dress looks perfectly summer.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so thank you for leaving one! Please though, don't leave your blog address in the comment box – it is slightly spammy, and already linked via your blogger profile. Thank you!