1.10.10

This time of year...

It's October and I can't really believe it. Autumn kicked in with real intent just a few days ago and took everyone by surprise and left me wondering whether or not I should have got a chimney sweep in during the summer – probably the only old-fashioned necessity that I'm not a fan of. I think it'll keep until next year. I'm very much looking forward to lighting it and curling up beside it though.

When October hits and I begin to remember what the cold feels like, I always start thinking about the inside of the house, woefully neglected during a summer mostly spent outside. I begin to remember all the good things about being cooped up in the house – lighting the fire and eating autumn dinners with cosy lights on and hiding under my amazing winter duvet, not yet deployed.

Autumn is my absolute favourite season for food too - butternut squash and pancetta in risottos, sausages in casseroles and as many root vegetables as possible. I've been hoarding pictures of beautiful houses in which I would love to spend my autumn and winter, and thought I would share them here, for a bit of a change!

Living_2.jpg

Photobucket
Design Sponge and Little Green Notebook

Imagine sitting in front of the fire on that gorgeous blue couch in the top picture! Just to keep things topical, below are a couple of things I've been coveting from the new Anthropologie A/W collection. On discovering that Anthropologie have opened a new store in London, I fully intend to go. No matter how many times I tell myself that their clothes are infinitely makeable, and vastly overpriced, I can't deny that I do love looking at them and imagining wearing them around my chilly autumn house.



6 comments:

  1. The top room, combined with the picture of the bookshelves, are my idea of the perfect room. What beautiful houses some people live in...

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photo's of the home interiors!

    x

    http://tantrummagazine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jacket is divine! I'm on the look out for one like that. The fur makes it so special


    Love your blog, stay wonderful
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These interiors are perfect foe snuggling in. So lovely and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the feel of all this... Great choice of pics!

    M
    -------------
    http://mayabeus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dionne, they are perfect for snuggling - I couldn't have put it better! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so thank you for leaving one! Please though, don't leave your blog address in the comment box – it is slightly spammy, and already linked via your blogger profile. Thank you!