5.8.10

Simple Village Girl

You might have noticed that the title (and url – update your links!) of my blog have changed. Biscotti was a bit of a non-name, chosen rashly when I really had very little idea about blogging, and it has been annoying me for a while.

Simple Village Girl on the other hand is taken from a song by Belle and Sebastian ('If you find yourself caught in love') and sums me up quite well, with a little bit of irony: at heart I'll always just be a village girl, but never a simple one. Belle and Sebastian are Scottish, as I am, and are also the first band I ever saw live. So, you see, it is plenty relevant! What do you think?



As I was saying in a previous post, I'd love to meander down to the south coast of France or Italy. I'd especially like to go by train – my love of train journeys knows no bounds. This is one of my photographs of a holiday I once had in Florence, but I just discovered this post on blog BawkBawkBawk which has the most fantastic photographs of Rome and puts mine to shame! They are very beautiful.

This is what I would wear on my imaginary trip to those south coasts – try and ignore the fact that I am actually on a street in Bristol! Orange and yellowy colours seem to suit that kind of light, as you can see in the editorial I posted here. I think these pictures are of a simple village girl with her basket, so are perfect for this post.

Photobucket

I'm off to Wales this weekend to visit Ben's family, so this is my Friday offering, early. I hope to take a real live analogue (!) camera with me to experiment with on the trip, so we shall see how that turns out. I haven't used a camera with film for such a long time – I'm really quite excited about it.

Dress: H&M
Basket: vintage
Sandals: Toast

4 comments:

  1. Hello there! Gorgeous red dress, looks fantastic against your dark hair! I've changed my hair colour soooo many times and always miss how it looked next to block colours when it was darker! I'm never satisfied though! Corinne x

    http://usedandabusedvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that first image is perfect! the light, the window, the food...everything!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corinne: I've secretly always wanted to dye mine your colour actually... I'm not brave enough though I don't think!

    Alison: It made a pretty perfect meal too – the Italians know what they are doing when it comes to food – and to scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh love it! Those leaves on the tree and the orange dress... all of it together is sooooo gorgeous! Reminding me of Fall!!! LoVE IT!
    xox The Beckerman Girls

    http://www.BeckermanBitPlate.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so thank you for leaving one! Please though, don't leave your blog address in the comment box – it is slightly spammy, and already linked via your blogger profile. Thank you!